Where on earth did the time go? Bush Fires in Australia, Corona Virus globally, Lockdown, Isolation, ……… and yet life on our renovation farm with livestock has continued in perpetual growth. Its time for our first Half Year Review. A chance to breathe, reflect, revise, and action.
We have achieved a lot since New Year
- Stayed well, and Covid 19 free
- Managed 8 Goat Kid arrivals
- Begun goat milking, cheesemaking, probiotic & yoghurt fermenting, preparing for soap making
- Created milking stations and processing area, for twice per day goat milking
- Done the first shearing of the Angora Goats for Mohair, who will be ready again in August
- First ever shearing of the Alpaca
- Set up hatching our very first batch of Silk Worm
- Set up and begun planting of the Vegetable Path (Potager) and Polytunnel
- Hatched Muscovy Ducklings, and recently a solitary Gosling (still time for a few more eggs to hatch)
- In recent weeks, we finally have hot water from the tap! Whoo hoooooo
- In the next few weeks, we will have a proper installed bathroom (no more camping shower in the barn)
- Workshops are now almost fully useable and I can begin to make textiles and jewellery again
- Planning for teaching is underway, and a wonderful opportunity for residential location has been discussed
- Installation of electricity throughout the property is in motion
- Rearranging fencing, and restructuring the pasture layout to incorporate what we now know about the land, as we watch it through the changing seasons in practical terms
and thats just the headlines that I can recall in this moment. Most of all, we are still here, still working hard, and have passed our first anniversary of arriving in France.
At the beginning of the year, we had Workaway guests booking in, with plans to travel for a cultural exchange here with us. We had to cancel all of those as the Corona Virus Pandemic happened. We have suspended our account on Workaway for now, as we already have people requesting to stay with us in 2021, subject to any health risk limitations still ongoing. We hope to be able to embrace friends and family visiting for the first time too.
Maybe its time to reflect on our progress, check our future goals are still in alignment, and adjust our course where necessary. A half year review to assess and revise our strategies session. Hmmmmmmmm, will that be held in the sunshine, and include wine? Perhaps home made cheese and wine? Thats a jolly good plan!
Bonne journée to you all. Keep well and safe. Keep wearing the mask, and washing your hands. We will all get through this together if we do.
Bon Courage mes amis